Who is this for?
To meet the needs of candidates who work in the Building Services Engineering sector and who need to be able to demonstrate knowledge of the IET 18th Edition Wiring Regulations
We offer two routes to gain the qualification, the first is a combined distance learning course that comprises of one day’s training including the exam. The second route is a two-day course. Both courses are delivered by friendly, qualified and professional tutors who have a wealth of industry knowledge and up-to-date site experience.
The Distance Learning option is for electricians who are required to update their qualifications and prefer home study. Practise exams are supplied which cover parts 1 to 7 and appendixes. You will be required to attend the Centre for one day to revise the learning materials sent to you and to take the exam.
Classroom-based delivery is run over 2 days, you will be provided with high-quality learning materials. This is an in-depth, informative delivery method following a more traditional route. You will be fully supported during the course and will take the exam on day 2.
The course covers:
• Structure of BS 7671: 18th Edition
• Part 1 Scope, Object and fundamental principles
• Part 2 Definitions
• Part 3 Assessment of general characteristics
• Part 4 Protection for safety
• Part 5 Selection and erection of equipment
• Part 6 Inspection & testing
• Part 7 Special Installations
• Appendices 1 to 16
• Exam techniques
* Candidates will require the 18th IEE Wiring Regulations
• EAL online exam
• 60 multiple choice questions
• Exam duration – 120 minutes
Combined distance learning is £200 including registration fees.
2-day programme £300 including registration fees